From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andy Blitz (born June 28, 1971) is an American writer and comedian best known for his sketch comedy work on the late-night talk show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien where he earned 7 Emmy nominations. Andy grew up in New Jersey and graduated from Columbia University in 1994. He began his work on Late Night in 1999. Perhaps his best known sketch on the show was when he traveled all the way to India to NBC's computer help center to get his computer fixed. Another popular piece involved Conan and Andy hunting for an apartment in New York. Andy created the boyband sensation Dudez A Plenti, which is on Conan's 10th Anniversary DVD. In 2007 and 2008, Andy wrote for and appeared on The MTV comedy Human Giant, notably as Osama Bin Diesel. Blitz is currently writing for the Comedy Central sketch show Important Things with Demetri Martin which returns for its second season in 2010. Andy regularly performs stand-up and sketch comedy in New York City and Los Angeles.
Late night characters portrayed by Blitz
- Awful Ballgame Chanter, whose long-winded rambling chants are used as examples of how not to chant
- Chuck Aloo, star of the "24" parody "60", each episode of which represents one second in a minute
- Leonard Diesel, Vin Diesel's Brother
- One of the Slipnutz (also known as They Might Be Slipnutz), a comedy group of three men who were inconveniently booked on the same show with Slipknot, (and later with They Might Be Giants). Their routine involves them slipping and sliding on nuts scattered on the floor. The Slipnutz also appeared on the program to promote their greatest-hits album, which included the songs "Old West Cowboys Slipping on Nuts" and "Viking Raiders Slipping on Nuts".
- An elections supervisor during the 2000 Florida election recount, who constantly yelled at election volunteers and told them "If you don't know who the person voted for, you put the ballot in the milk!"
- A participant on "Masturdate," a parody of dating shows.