This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Denver, Colorado|
|Format||Soft Oldies/Adult standards|
(Entercom License, LLC)
|KALC, KQKS, KQMT|
First air date
|December 1954 (as KOSI)|
Former call signs
Call sign meaning
|KEZW (EZ is the stations name)|
|Power||10,000 watts (day)|
5,000 watts (night)
|Repeater(s)||99.5-2 KQMT-HD2 (HD Radio)|
KEZW (1430 AM, "EZ 1430") is a radio station serving the Denver, Colorado area, and airs a format of soft oldies and adult standards music. It is owned by Entercom Broadcasting. The signal is also available on sister station KQMT HD-2. Local musical programming is presented by disc jockeys and via computer automation. Local news and weather is supplemented with CNN news. Its transmitter is located in Highlands Ranch, near Colorado Boulevard, and is the only Entercom station in Denver not to have its transmitter on Lookout Mountain.
Weekends consist of a lineup of paid infomercials, syndicated weekend programs and automated music. Weekend shows include The Restaurant Show, hosted by Warren Byrne on Saturday mornings; Ask the Garden Pros, heard on Saturday mornings; and Randy's Auto Show, a paid local program hosted by Randy Hancock.
When the station signed on in 1954, it aired a beautiful music format as KOSI, and was paired with KOSI-FM. In 1981, it became KEZW, and adopted an adult standards format, which would last for the next three decades. On December 27, 2015, KEZW adopted the oldies format from sister station KRWZ, which was sold to Kroenke Sports and Entertainment and flipped to sports as KKSE.
On September 4, 2018, KEZW changed their format to a hybrid of soft oldies and adult standards, branded as "EZ 1430".
- "1430 KEZW Denver To Assume Cruisin Oldies Format - RadioInsight". radioinsight.com. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "KSE Media Ventures Acquires KRWZ Denver From Entercom - RadioInsight". radioinsight.com. 18 December 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- KEZW Denver Moves in an EZier Direction Radioinsight - September 4, 2018
- FCC History Cards for KEZW[permanent dead link]
- KEZW official website
- "The Restaurant Show" website
- KEZW in the FCC's AM station database
- KEZW on Radio-Locator
- KEZW in Nielsen Audio's AM station database
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|