The Real Housewives of Miami
|The Real Housewives of Miami|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||25|
|Executive producer(s)||Matt Anderson
|Running time||40 to 44 minutes
|Production company(s)||Purveyors of Pop|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||February 22, 2011– present|
|Preceded by||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills|
|Followed by||The Real Housewives of Vancouver|
|Related shows||Miami Social|
Season 1- On Wednesday, March 10, 2010, Bravo announced the series (then titled Miami Social Club) had been picked up, and was to be a restructuring of the failed 2009 series, Miami Social. Later, after filming was completed on the series, Bravo chose instead to make it a new extension of the Real Housewives. Bravo announced on February 3, 2011 that the series would premiere later that month; they also announced that the fourth season premiere of The Real Housewives of New York City, originally scheduled for February 15, would be pushed back until April.
Season 2- The Real Housewives of Miami was renewed for a second season, but season one Housewives Larsa Pippen and Cristy Rice will not return. When Bravo officially green-lit, on February 9, 2012, the return of the series for a second season, Alexia Echevarria was not featured at the time. However, a few months before filming began for the second season, it was revealed that Alexia's son was involved in a car accident, and her role was reduced to recurring for the season. Four new Housewives joined the cast full-time: Lisa Hochstein, Joanna Krupa, Karent Sierra, and Ana Quincoces. On July 24, 2012, Bravo official announced that the second season of The Real Housewives of Miami would premiere on Thursday, September 13 at 9/8c. The second season reunion was filmed on November 30, 2012 and part one of the reunion aired on December 27, 2012.
Season 3 - On April 3, 2013, Bravo announced that The Real Housewives of Miami has been renewed for a third season — although no cast announcements were made. Controversy has started as the production company who produces the series, Purveyors of Pop, has proposed the use of drones in order to film B-roll aerial shots. Graham Winick, a film production manager for the city of Miami Beach, has stated: "I believe this has abuse and endangerment potential and think we need to consider what conditions and requirements we might place on it, if we allow at all". Marysol Patton furthered the confirmation that production had started, when on March 20, 2013, she posted a photo on social media of herself, Ana, Lisa, Adriana, and Alexia, attending Miami Fashion Week. Joanna Krupa has also confirmed via Twitter that she'll be back. Krupa was in Mumbai on the day the rest of the ladies attended Miami Fashion Week.
Current Housewives 
Adriana De Moura 
(Season 1 – present)
A native of Brazil, Adriana is engaged to man named Fredric and has one son from a previous marriage. She runs an art gallery and is close to fellow Housewife and cast member Lea Black. De Moura also sings the season two theme song, named "Feel the Rush".
Marital Status: Engaged
Lea Black 
(Season 1 – present)
Texas native Lea is married to one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the country, Roy Black, and she has a 12-year-old son. Her reputation as a community leader peaked when she raised money for President Barack Obama during his 2008 presidential campaign, as well as for many other local Florida politicians.
Marital Status: Married.
Alexia Echevarria 
(Season 1 - present)
Described in her Bravo Season 2 bio as a “Cuban Barbie”, Echevarria is the executive editor of the lifestyle and society publication, Venue Magazine. She lives in Miami Beach with her husband Herman Echevarria and sons, Francisco “Frankie” Rosello and Peter Rosello. Herman is a Cuban-born multimillionaire who was a former Hialeah councilman and is owner of Venue; Alexia's sons are from her previous marriage to Pedro Luis Rosello. She is the only Housewife to date to return to being a fulltime housewife after becoming a Friend of the Housewives in the shows second season.
Marital status: Married
Marysol Patton 
(Season 1 – present)
Miami native Marysol Patton runs her own business, The Patton Group, one of the premiere public relations firms in town. Divorced ten years ago, Patton is known for throwing bashes around town and loves to spend time with her mother, Elsa, who considers herself a “seer” (not a psychic). Marysol has no children; she married Philippe Pautesta-Herder in season one, but in the September 16, 2012 episode, she said that she was now separated.
Marital status: Separated
Lisa Hochstein 
(Season 2 - present)
Lisa Hochstein is married to plastic surgeon Lenny Hochstein, who calls himself the "Boob God". Calling herself a "professional housewife", she does not work. She is a friend of season 1 cast member Adriana de Moura-Sidi.
Marital status: Married
Ana Quincoces 
(Season 2 - present)
A Cuban-American lawyer, Ana has found success in culinary ventures. While filming, she and her now ex-husband, Robert, were separated; however, they maintained a cordial relationship and enjoyed dinners together with their two daughters. Robert is also a partner at Quincoces' law firm. Ana is a mutual friend of cast members Marysol Patton and Alexia Echeveria, and made a brief appearance in the show's first season in episode four, titled "Waterfront & Center," where she was assisting Alexia with a dinner party.
Marital status: Divorced; In a relationship
Joanna Krupa 
(Season 2 – present)
Polish born and Chicago, IL raised, Krupa is a professional model. She has appeared on covers of FHM, Maxim, Playboy, and Stuff and competed in season 9 of Dancing with the Stars. Joanna is engaged to Romain Zago, owner of Mynt nightclub in Miami, and divides her time between Miami and Los Angeles.
Marital status: Engaged.
Former Housewives 
Larsa Pippen 
Larsa, a former model of Syrian heritage, married NBA player Scottie Pippen in 1997. They have four children: three boys and one girl. Pippen makes recurring appearances within Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. It was announced in December 2012 that Larsa and Scottie will star in their own reality series on WE tv, titled Big Pippen, which is slated to debut in 2013.
Marital status: Married.
Cristy Rice 
Cristy, a Miami native, recently divorced her husband of 11 years, NBA player Glen Rice; they have three children. The show followed her single life as she juggled business (she owns a clothing store) and being a single mom.
Marital status: Divorced
Karent Sierra 
Karent is a Miami dentist. She calls herself the "Dentist to the Stars". She has no children and has never been married. She lives with her two parents. She knows season 1 cast member Adriana who introduced her to the rest of the cast. After shooting wrapped, Karent and her boyfriend broke up.
Marital status: Single
Housewives History 
|Adriana De Moura||Main|
|Season||Episodes||Series Premiere||Season Finale||Reunion|
|1||7||February 22, 2011||March 29, 2011||April 22, 2011|
|2||18||September 13, 2012||December 20, 2012||December 27, 2012
January 3, 2013
Season 1 (2011) 
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||1||"Paradise Cost"||February 22, 2011||1.21|
|The housewives are invited to Lea's home for a bite to eat and some catching up. The night quickly goes downhill once Adriana reveals the details about her failing marriage.|
|2||2||"Black Ball'd"||March 1, 2011||1.03|
|The time has come for the Black's Annual Gala, and the highest of the Miami society are attending. Cristy stirs the pot when she shows up with no RVSP and two uninvited friends.|
|3||3||"Optical Delusion"||March 8, 2011||1.30|
|Adriana invites the housewives to her Miami Art show. A few days prior, the artist Adriana hired isn't even close to completing the paintings she hired him to do. The night ends with everyone talking about the drama, and not the art.|
|4||4||"Waterfront and Center"||March 15, 2011||1.10|
|Alexia has kindly opened up her home and invites the ladies for a Cuban-style dinner. However, the menu isn't what vegetarian Lea expected and she throws some unnecessary words out during dinner. Adriana opens up to Lea about her relationship and financial dilemma. Simultaneously, Cristy is perplexed as to why she was delivered an invoice from Lea for being a party crasher at the Black's annual gala.|
|5||5||"Beach Slap"||March 22, 2011||1.19|
|Larsa has all the ladies attend her Italian cooking lesson at Scottie's and her private restaurant. While all the women are there, Adriana starts to put Cristy on the spot about a rumor she heard regarding Lea's gala. Lea says what's on her mind, which only adds more fuel to the fire, until Larsa's luncheon is ruined. Meanwhile, Marysol and Philippe return to Miami from their trip to Aspen, happy to start their new life together. Alexia and Cristy are participants in a charitable fashion show, but everything goes downhill once Alexia gets into a horrible car accident on her way to the event. Cristy is left to pick up the pieces and finish the show.|
|6||6||"Miami Mamis Know Best"||March 29, 2011||1.09|
|Marysol hosts her own dinner party and spices things up by inviting her mother, Elsa. Elsa is challenged by the ladies to read their energy, and Elsa says Larsa is "emotionally immature", which pushes Larsa off the deep end. Concurrently, Alexia is working to extremes to set the foundation for Peter's future as a model, which includes taking him to get signed at a modeling agency. All the while, Lea concocts a dinner party with Chef Michelle Bernstein. She has a surprise for the other housewives, and none of them know what they're about to get into.|
|7||-||"Watch What Happens Live: Miami Housewives Reunion"||April 5, 2011||0.73|
|The ladies of Miami get together live at the Watch What Happens studio to set the record straight with Andy Cohen.|
Season 2 (2012–2013) 
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|8||1||"A Tale of Two Miamis"||September 13, 2012||1.06|
|The veteran housewives are met with a new set of socialites.|
|9||2||"Text, Lies and Your Smile Is Fake"||September 20, 2012||1.02|
|Joanna and Karent each take different approaches when discussing the future with the special men in their lives, while Adriana has difficulty being vulnerable with her fiancé. The ladies attend the South Beach Wine & Food Festival, where Karent questions Ana's past behavior.|
|10||3||"A Mynt Meltdown"||September 27, 2012||0.96|
|Adriana persists in diverting attention away from discussing marriage with Frederic, while one model couple shows signs that not everything is picture perfect. Tensions build up at Mynt Lounge's 10th anniversary celebration, where Adriana flirts with Joanna's fiancé.|
|11||4||"She Beat Me to the Tweet!"||October 4, 2012||0.84|
|Romain sets the boundaries with Joanna after her meltdown at his club's anniversary celebration. Adriana poses in a revealing photo shoot and participates in the Dali Miami Art exhibit. Joanna receives come cooking advice from Ana. After Elaine makes some serious claims directed at Marysol, Ana comes to her friend's defense.|
|12||5||"Eager Beaver"||October 11, 2012||0.87|
|Joanna tries to mend a struggling relationship. Karent receives some advice on how to deal with the mean-spirited people in her life. Meanwhile, drama flows when all the ladies attend the Hearts & Stars Gala. Karent gets a warning about Adriana, and Alexia throws her first bash in months.|
|13||6||"Sexting Candles"||October 18, 2012||0.76|
|Alexia hosts Venue Magazine's cover party, where tensions start to boil. Adriana plans to confront Karent, but the conversation unexpectedly escalates. Marysol expresses her frustration with Lea and Joanna discovers the downside to being a supermodel. Hidden e-mails are discovered, leaving a relationship in the balance.|
|14||7||"Bras and Brawls: Part 1"||October 25, 2012||0.85|
|Karent continues to rub some of the ladies the wrong way, which makes things worse when Adriana discovers comments made in a newspaper article featuring Karent. Lisa and Lea are in high gear preparing for their charity functions. On the night of Lisa's lingerie event, no one expects what can happen with Miami socialites in skimpy underwear and Joe Francis in town.|
|15||8||"Bras and Brawls: Part 2"||October 28, 2012||1.35|
Lisa's lingerie party revs up when Elaine Lancaster and Karent's friend have a confrontation. Adriana takes it upon herself to put a stop to Karent, who is seen as the source of drama. Joanna, on the warpath after Joe Francis levies heavy allegations against her and her sister, comes to Karent's defense, building to a shocking climax.Note: This episode aired on a special night — Sunday at 10PM.
|16||9||"Conflicting Conflict"||November 1, 2012||1.19|
|Tensions still run high between Joanna and Adriana as everyone prepares for the Black's Annual Gala. Lea calls on her friend, "cosmic cheerleader" Norman Baker, to re-balance everyone's energy. Marysol and Ana choose not to attend the Gala and have a little girl time where divorce is the big topic of conversation.|
|17||10||"A Better or Bitter Place"||November 11, 2012||1.63|
|Alexia invites the ladies for a summit dinner to get to the root of the drama that has fractured the group. Lea puts on a brave face and attends despite the heartbreaking news about her dog. Joanna participates in the Model Beach Volleyball Tournament, but Romain isn't there to support her.|
|18||11||"Uncomfortably Public Relations"||November 15, 2012||1.13|
|Lea is advised to patch things up with Marysol, but discord takes center stage when the ladies attend Miami socialite Lisa Pliner's shoe showcase. Marta moves back to Joanna and Romain's home and Karent tries to smooth things over with the ladies by organizing a dinner party.|
|19||12||"Parents Fly South"||November 29, 2012||1.02|
|Joanna's mother comes to Miami and a mother-daughter heart-to-heart about the future leads to tears. Adriana continues to mull over a possible future as Frederic's wife while she organizes a 50th wedding anniversary party in Frederic's parents' honor. Elaine and Marysol meet face to face in an attempt to settle their differences. Lisa invites the ladies and their families to her home for a Passover Seder and goes out of her way to honor her in-laws' high expectations when they stop by for a visit.|
|20||13||"Elsa Foretells a Storm"||December 6, 2012||0.95|
|The ladies get ready for their trip to Bimini which they hope will be a relaxing time of fun and repairing open wounds. But Elsa predicts that the trip will hit a snag. Lea unleashes her fun side and new alliances begin to take shape but one housewife gets some unsettling news that sets the drama back in motion.|
|21||14||"Surrounded by Hot Water"||December 13, 2012||1.12|
|When a family emergency arises Karent puts the article surrounding Rodolfo on the backburner. A peaceful dinner ends in a heated discussion when Lea and Marysol finally get to the bottom of their problems with each other.|
|22||15||"Healing Hole"||December 20, 2012||1.25|
|The trip to Bimini concludes as the girls find peace amidst the stormy weather and return to Miami with a new outlook on the future and their personal relationships.|
|23||16||"Reunion: Part 1"||December 27, 2012||1.21|
|The ladies of The Real Housewives of Miami sit down with Andy Cohen to discuss the past season.|
|24||17||"Reunion: Part 2"||January 3, 2013||1.28|
|The ladies of The Real Housewives of Miami sit down with Andy Cohen to discuss the past season.|
|25||18||"Lost Footage"||January 8, 2013||0.93|
|Andy Cohen opens the Bravo vault and reveals all the clips that didn't make it into this season, which includes Lea's friendship with her housekeeper, and Adriana attempting to act. Parts of the reunion that weren't inserted into already aired reunion are also included in this episode.|
During the show's second season, a minor online spin-off was made starring Marysol Patton's mother Elsa Patton. The spin-off entitled, Havana Elsa, featured the adventures of Elsa Patton also known as Mama Elsa launching her own coffee line. The series was never intended to be aired on TV, and is uploaded on the web on bravotv.com.
- "‘The Real Housewives of Miami’ a Reality!". ok!. Retrieved October 5, 2010.[dead link]
- "Bravo Adds Fifth Night of Programming Boosting Original Hours by 20 Percent". the Futon Critic. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Post Store (February 4, 2011). "Bravo unveils 'Real Housewives of Miami,' shelves 'New York City' until spring". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 12, 2011.
- "Real Miami Housewife dishes on season 2 – People". Miami Herald. Retrieved May 13, 2012. More than one of
|journal=specified (help)[dead link]
- "Ana Quincoces — Twitter Status". Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- "Joanna Krupa — Twitter Status". Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- "Official Bravo Account — Twitter Status". Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- "Andy Cohen — Twitter Status". Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- "Andy Cohen — Twitter Status #2". Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (April 2, 2012). "Bravo Greenlights 17 New and 18 Returning Unscripted Series". TV by the Numbers.
- "EXCLUSIVE: 'The Real Housewives of Miami' Returning for Season Three". In Touch Weekly. Retrieved March 29, 2013.
- Veiga, Christina (March 11, 2013). "‘Real Housewives’ producers want to use drone copter to film in Miami Beach". The Miami Herald. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Joanna Krupa — Twitter Status". Twitter. March 14, 2013. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Joanna Krupa — Twitter Status #2". Twitter. March 20, 2013. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Real Housewives' Adriana De Moura does yoga in her bikini as she reconnects with her spiritual side after dramatic fight". Daily Mail UK. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Lea Black Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
- "Bio of Alexia Echavarria". Bravo. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- Rebekah Sager (November 13, 2012). "'Housewives of Miami’ Star Alexia Echevarria on Son's Altercation With Homeless Man". Fox News Latino.
- "The Patton Group: About Us". Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- Martin, Lydia. "Odd Couple of 'Real Housewives'". Miami Herald. Retrieved Oct 14, 2012.
- Tracie Egan Morrissey (February 3, 2011). "Get To Know The Real Housewives of Miami". Jezebel. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley. "Jesus, Shoes and Scottie Pippen Highlight Big WE tv Development Slate (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Seidman, Robert (February 24, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom 2' & 'Tosh.0' Lead Night; 'White Collar' Up; Miami 'Housewives' Not So Hot + 'Lights Out' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 2, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom 2' Leads; 'Tosh.0,' 'Southland,' 'White Collar' Fall; 'Lights Out' Rises & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (March 9, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'White Collar' and 'Southland' Finales Rise + 'Lights Out,' 'Teen Mom' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (March 16, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom' On Fire; 'Donald Trump Roast,' 'Tosh.0,' 'Lights Out,' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (March 23, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom 2' > 'The Good Wife'; + 'Marcel's Quantum Kitchen,' 'Lights Out,' 'The Game' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (March 31, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom' Still Rising; 'The Game' Finale Jumps; 'Real Housewives,' 'Top Shot' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (April 7, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom II' Special, 'Top Shot,' Womens' NCAA Championship Lead Night & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 14, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Thursday Night Football Tops Night, + 'Awkward', 'Sullivan & Son', 'Snooki & JWOWW', 'Project Runway', 'Impractical Jokers' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (September 21, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Football, 'Awkward', 'Project Runway', 'Impractical Jokers', 'The Daily Show', 'Braxton Family Values' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 28, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Thursday Night Football Wins Night + 'Daily Show', 'Project Runway', 'SportsCenter', 'Impractical Jokers' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (October 5, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Football Wins Night, 'Jersey Shore', 'Project Runway', 'Beyond Scared Straight', 'Daily Show', 'Texas Car Wars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 12, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Thursday Night Football Wins Night + VP Debate Coverage, 'Jersey Shore', MLB, 'The Greatest Event in TV History' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (October 18, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Wins Night, 'Jersey Shore', 'Project Runway', 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 26, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Thursday Night Football Wins Night + 'Jersey Shore', 'Gold Rush', 'The Daily Show', 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (October 30, 2012). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Breaking Amish', 'Dexter', 'Homeland','Long Island Medium', 'Boardwalk Empire' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (November 2, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Wins Night, 'Jersey Shore', 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia', 'The League', 'Project Runway All Stars', 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (November 13, 2012). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Breaking Amish', 'Dexter', 'Homeland', 'Boardwalk Empire', 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (November 16, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Wins Night, 'Jersey Shore', 'Burn Notice', 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia', 'Project Runway All Stars', 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (November 30, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Wins Night, 'Jersey Shore', 'Burn Notice', 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia,' 'Project Runway All Stars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 7, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Thursday Night Football Wins Night + 'Jersey Shore', NBA Basketball, 'Burn Notice' and More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 8, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Thursday Night Football' Wins Night, 'Jersey Shore', 'Burn Notice', 'Impractical Jokers', 'Project Runway All Stars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 21, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Jersey Shore' Wins Night + 'Burn Notice', NBA Basketball, 'Beyond Scared Straight', & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (December 28, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball & 'Impractical Jokers' Win Night, 'Beyond Scared Straight', 'Pawn Stars', 'Project Runway All Stars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (January 4, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings:'Fiesta Bowl' Wins Night, 'Buckwild', 'Impractical Jokers', 'Beyond Scared Straight', 'Project Runway All Stars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Tuesday Cable Ratings: ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Wins Night, ‘Justified’, ‘Cougar Town’, ‘Snooki & JWoww’, ‘Dance Moms’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
- Videos - The Real Housewives of Miami Season 2 - Bravo TV Official Site